Owners “Hotdish” Panel Discussion - (Minnesota CoP)
Please join us for this collaborative session to hear from a panel of owners who will share how they buy services from the industry, current industry challenges, and learnings from successful or failed projects of the past. Also bring your questions for a Q&A session which will be followed by a happy hour to facilitate industry collaboration and build the community of Lean practitioners in the Midwest!
- Steve Henrichs is Director of Engineering for 3M’s US & Canada region. 3M’s internal engineering capabilities provide project management and design for capital projects to 70 manufacturing sites and 15 distribution centers. Steve has BS in Electrical Engineering from Iowa State University and is registered PE in Minnesota. Before 3M, Steve worked in refining/fuels, pulp/paper and consumer products sectors for Flint Hills Resources and Georgia Pacific and held engineering and leadership responsibilities in capital projects, outage and construction management, plant operations, maintenance & reliability.
- Brian Larson is a senior project engineer at Upsher-Smith Laboratories. Since graduating in 2006, he has been providing mechanical engineering services to the oil & gas, mining & minerals, power generation, material handling, food & beverage, and pharmaceutical industries. His experience is centered plant design, specifically the sizing, specification, procurement, installation, commissioning, and qualification of process equipment. Brian lives with his wife and six children in Victoria.
- Brieg Anderson is Facilities Engineering Manager at Boston Scientific in Arden Hills since 2016. A civil engineer by degree, Brieg has held engineering positions of campus responsibility and most recently in manufacturing-controlled environments commonly referred to as clean rooms. His focus is primarily in design, commissioning, qualification, and change management of clean rooms and all bulk infrastructure used directly in medical device manufacturing processes.
- James Zwiefel is Program Manager within 3M Enterprise Operations (EO) across 85+ sites in North America. He plans & executes strategic projects within operations through collaboration with internal and external resources to achieve business objectives. Current focus areas are supply chain hardening, manufacturing throughput optimization, and capital efficiency through partnering & project management excellence. James has held many roles in capital efficiency spanning multiple industries including manufacturing, mass transit, military & federal, and aviation.
- Ryan Ring, is an experienced Last Planner System® and Lean Construction coach with over 20 years’ experience in the construction industry. A third-generation carpenter, Ryan held positions from apprentice through superintendent before becoming a full-time coach over six years ago. A former chair of the LCI Minnesota Community of Practice, Ryan's passion for improving the lives of those who work in the industry makes him a great resource for the people he coaches.
- 3:30 Arrival
- 3:45-5:00 Owner Panel w/ Q&A
- 5:00-6:00 Appetizers and Drinks