Apex Steel Inc., Bayley Construction Inc., will be in attendance sharing how they are applying lean construction to their projects and how they are reaping tangible benefits.
- Increased seismic steel installation from two tubes to 14 tubes per shift
- Increased shear wall lifts from two to five per week
- Reduced the project schedule by 6 months
- Workforce was not increased
- Executive leadership from Bayley and several key trades agreed to co-lead these processes
- They all agreed to meet between shifts, twice per week at 5:00am (all stakeholders)
- Detailed planning including setup – pathways – lay downs – manpower - equipment availability etc.
- Multiple daily walks were executed to ensure everyone was tracking according to plan (monitor progress)
- Issues were resolved immediately – escalation within minutes, not days or weeks
This will be an open discussion to ask questions and share thoughts and findings.