LCI Congress Track Preview: Making the Roux—Setting the Tone in Design & Preconstruction
Setting the right tone at the beginning of a project can save time and deliver value to all project stake holders down the line. This track explores how to set the tone at the beginning of a project to put your team on the right track for success. If you want to learn about setting the right tone, be sure to attend sessions in this track!
You can expect these sessions to explore the initial phase of projects, the design and preconstruction phase. This is a critical time for ensuring the success of a project. This is the time to set the tone.
This track is intended for sharing lessons and best practices for collaborative design and preconstruction efforts that deliver value to all project stakeholders. Sessions in this track will include:
- Stories of implementing and measuring Lean innovation in the design space
- How Lean tactics such as Target Value Delivery and Conditions of Satisfaction influence the overall design process
- How design can drive Lean delivery during the preconstruction process and bring in relevant parties from conception to closeout
- Grounding the team in the fundamentals of Lean delivery
- How the design community can support better flow efficiency in the field
- How design and preconstruction leaders can support a learning culture in the office
Check out the available presentations that fall under this track (please refer to our Interactive Agenda for details):
- Design Led, Design Build (Wed., 10:45 a.m.)
- The Debate of Value of Design in a Lean World (Wed., 11:45 a.m.)
- Healthcare Construction Faceoff: Volumetric Modular VS Manufactured Kit-of-Parts (Wed., 1:30 p.m.)
- Stirring the Pot – Driving the Adoption of Lean Principles in Design (Wed., 4:00 p.m.)
- Pressure Cooker – Accelerated Target Value Design for a Stipulated Price Tender (Thurs., 7:45 a.m.)
- Accelerate Project Delivery: Reimagine Collaboration between Design, Construction, and Key Vendors (Thurs., 10: 45 a.m.)
- Creatively Defining ‘Who Does What Work and When’ to get a Vaccine Facility Online ASAP (Thurs., 11:45 a.m.)
- Moving the Modular Needle: Hyper-Collaboration w/Owners & AHJ’s as Integrated Team Members (Thurs., 2:30 p.m.)
With so much valuable information available, it can be tough to know where to start. Our advice? Start by looking at the topics that interest you most and then find sessions that fit those interests. Whether you’re just starting out on your Lean journey or are a seasoned pro, there’s something for everyone in this year’s Making the Roux—Setting the Tone in Design & Preconstruction track.
Register today for the 2022 LCI Congress!