LCI Community of Practice
Welcome to the LCI Chicago Community of Practice (CoP) website! The LCI Chicago CoP hopes to continue to act as the premier forum where area Lean thought leaders, practitioners and enthusiasts openly share experiences, best practices and lessons learned; thus transforming the design and construction projects that are delivered throughout Chicago and the Midwest. LCI Chicago CoP core members strive to be the force that leads the design and construction industry to a new paradigm of high-performance collaboration. If you are looking for a more active role in the Chicago CoP, have questions or suggestions, please contact us!
Bob Krier Award Night
Each year, the Chicago CoP recognizes an Individual, a Company or a Project Team that has moved the design and construction industry forward by advancing Lean as an Operating System at our annual Bob Krier Award Night. The award is based on implementation of Lean design, construction tools and techniques, innovation in implementing Lean tools and its impact on the community. We are excited to announce the opening of the nomination process for our 2023 award! View the Bob Krier Award Selection Criteria and Award Process and submit your nomination today! Save the date and watch your inbox for the details of this incredible event being planned for April 26, 2023.
Lean Construction Golf Outing
The LCI Chicago CoP Lean Construction Golf Outing to benefit the Bob Krier Scholarship was held on June 20, 2022. Foursomes included representatives from each of the four disciplines: Owner, Architect/Engineer, General Contractor, and Trade Partner. A special set of Lean Rules and Awards made this golf outing truly unique!
Check back for details about the 2023 event or sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest updates.
LCI Chicago Student CoP
Student CoP Partners
Save the Date!
Mark your calendar for our upcoming Lean Coffee and Lean Tools in Real Life events in 2023! Event invitations will be sent four weeks ahead of the event. Once they are on the calendar you can view them on the Upcoming Local Events section below.
9/19 - 4:00 - 5:30 PM - Lean Tools in Real Life: Pull Planning (15m) - Virtual
10/17 - 7:30 - 9:00 AM - Lean Coffee - Jamerson & Bauwens
11/30 - Lean Tools in Real Life: 8 Wastes (15m) - Virtual
12/21 - Lean Coffee - Virtual
- Leader - Anthony Camasta, The Hill Group
- Vice Leader - Jenny Han, The Boldt Company
- Events Leader - Impact events - Christin Araullo, Vader National Group
- Lean Coffee Leader - Brian Garcea, RG Construction
- Academics Leader - Ratna Kunwar, Gilbane
- Lean Learning Events Leader - Emerson Dority, Gilbane
- Lean Learning Events Vice Leader - Brad Wigh, The Boldt Company
- Finance / Sponsorship Leader - Ken Bauwens, Jamerson & Bauwens Electrical Contractors, Inc.
- Finance / Sponsorship Vice Leader - Christine Strom, Northwestern
- Marquee Event Leader - Seah Hill, Glass Solutions, Inc.
- Marquee Event Vice Leader - Mark Lomeda, Bulley & Andrews, LLC
- Leader Emeritus - John Zachara, Integhrated Facilities Solutions, Inc.