LCI Community of Practice
We welcome you to the homepage of the Lean Construction Institute, Ohio Valley Community of Practice (CoP). We are dedicated to helping transform the design and construction industry.
What We Do
We offer the following to our community in an effort to achieve our goal:
- Lean Coffee the third Friday of each month, which is a forum for conversation among practitioners and other interested professionals;
- Case Studies highlighting best practices and lessons learned in implementing Lean;
- Training opportunities in Lean principles and practices;
- Collaborative events with the Lean construction student group at the University of Cincinnati;
- Quarterly breakfasts for Owner organizations.
Whether you are just beginning your Lean journey or are a veteran Lean practitioner, you are welcome to join our community. Please contact Annmarie Thurnquist for more information.
Ohio Valley CoP
- Co-Leader - Annmarie Thurnquist, Jacobs
- Co-Leader - Julie Dolan, SSOE
- Social Media - Julie Glassmeyer, GC3 Consulting
- Outreach - Greg Fox, Miller Valentine
- Member - Kit Houston, Taft, Stettinius & Hollister
- Member - Joe Newton, Turner Construction
- Member - Abhijeet Deshpande, University of Cincinnati
- Member - Greg Davis, P&G
- Member - Doug Bartholomew, P&G
Field Crew Huddle
Explore the Field Crew Huddle website to see how community of practice members are contributing to a platform for sharing methods, improvements and lessons learned on project sites or shops. Want to be featured? Now accepting submissions.
Upcoming Local Events
Upcoming National Events
WEBINAR: Two Lean Coaches Analyze Last Planner System® Implementation: Successes and Failures
WEBINAR: LCI Certification Program
WEBINAR: LCI Course - Effective Big Room
WEBINAR: IPD for Small Projects
WEBINAR: Demystifying the IPD Contract
WEBINAR: 5S in Lean Construction