Greater Des Moines
LCI Community of Practice
Des Moines, IA
Welcome to the LCI Greater Des Moines Community of Practice. Located in the Greater Des Moines area, our mission is to connect A/E firms, contractors, trade partners, owners, and other stakeholders to transform the design and construction industry through Lean practices. We are committed to pushing the envelope of what is possible through innovation, continuous learning, and collaboration. Our ultimate goal is to set the benchmark for project value delivery in our industry.
What We Do
As part of the Lean Construction Institute, we serve as a local extension reaching out to design and construction stakeholders by:
- Advancing Lean knowledge and understanding.
- Providing academic, applied and experiential learning opportunities that engage members at any point in their development of Lean mastery.
- Building a Lean network to better connect people and ideas.
Why We Do It
Whether you are new to Lean or you are a seasoned Lean practitioner, our Community of Practice aims at providing you with a dynamic and energizing forum where you will meet like-minded individuals and/or organizations that want to take their value proposition and value delivery to the next level.
CoP Highlights/What’s New?
The Greater Des Moines Community of Practice meets monthly to deliver presentations on Lean topics, provide an open forum for Lean discussions, and the opportunity to network with fellow Lean practitioners. Watch for our meeting announcements on our LinkedIn page each month or sign up for our email list.
- Leader - Trevor Otto, JE Dunn Construction
- Member - Thomas Wright, DIRTT Environmental Services
- Member - Mike Grim, Weitz Tecnico
- Member - Erin Hiscox, Hy-Vee Construction
- Leader Emeritus - Larry Cormicle, Cormicle Consulting Serevices, L.L.C.
Explore the Field Crew Huddle website to see how community of practice members are contributing to a platform for sharing methods, improvements and lessons learned on project sites or shops. Want to be featured? Now accepting submissions.