LCI Community of Practice
San Diego, CA
If you are interested in learning more about Lean project delivery, join the more than 600 professionals that have participated and learned from events hosted by the San Diego Community of Practice since 2007. The CoP offers a learning program every other month that covers a Lean-related topic, project, or subject matter including interactive simulations.
Lean Roadshow: Irvine
At The Lean Roadshow, get highly applicable instruction targeted to your specific experience level across two days of immersive education. This program will create the environment that will spark enthusiasm and curiosity while sharing tools to start and/or support you on your Lean journey. The Lean Roadshow will promote education, networking and first-hand experience from industry experts.
The Lean Roadshow has been designed to offer attendees of Day 1 foundational information and hands-on learning simulations. Day 2 is designed for the more experienced Lean Construction practitioner and will focus on in-depth education on a more advance application of the Last Planner System® in a real-world context. Whether you’re starting out or looking to level up in strengthening your knowledge and skills, each day has been designed to meet your needs.
If you are new to Lean, the CoP provides a great opportunity to meet like-minded people and learn more about Lean practices on capital project planning, design, fabrication and construction. If you are a seasoned Lean practitioner, consider sharing your knowledge with the greater San Diego community. To learn more contact Thais Alves or Yvette Wu.
- Leader - Yvette Wu, HMC Architects
- Vice Leader - John Turner, Gafcon
- Events Leader, Leader Emeritus - Thais Alves, San Diego State University
- Leader Emeritus - Dan Shirkey, Balfour Beatty
- Leader Emeritus - Dave Umstot, Umstot Solutions
- Member - Chad Closs, Degenkolb
- Member - Paul Ericson, Stantec
- Member - Steve Wilson, HMC Architects
- Member - Amy Engel, University of California San Diego
- Member - Pam Hermosillo, Sundt
- Member - Dustin Eccles, University Mechanical & Engineering Contractors
Explore the Field Crew Huddle website to see how community of practice members are contributing to a platform for sharing methods, improvements and lessons learned on project sites or shops. Want to be featured? Now accepting submissions.