LCI Community of Practice
Welcome to the Michigan Community of Practice (CoP) website! The LCI Michigan Community of Practice is formed to create an environment where owners, designers, contractors, suppliers, academics and industry organizations can connect, share, learn, and explore Lean principles and processes. Our CoP is a group of Lean practitioners and enthusiasts at various levels of experience and a wide range of expertise with a common interest around improving our industry and the delivery of value to our Owners and community.
Get Involved in the Michigan CoP
The best way to get involved is to come to our Lean Coffee events. A Lean Coffee is an open forum where participants can ask any type of question about Lean and there is open discussion between their peers on that question. There is no cost, all are welcome, and no previous Lean experience is necessary. Please send an email with your complete contact information to LCIMichiganCoP@gmail.com to introduce yourself and get on the mailing list.
Local Lean Buzz
LCI Michigan & PMI Joint Panel of Industry Leaders
What exactly are the fundamentals of Lean thinking and how does it relate to the work performed in the design and construction industry at its core?
Listen HERE to this short introduction to Lean given by Samir Emdanat, President and Co-Founder of vPlanner and core group member of the LCI Michigan CoP. In the 10 minute overview, Samir discusses the fundamentals of Lean thinking and its relation to the work at its core.
- Leader - Chris Weaver, Andy J. Egan Company
- Vice Leader - Bill Miller, Limbach
- Events Leader & Membership Co-Leader - Tom Polyzois, Limbach
- Events Co-Leader - LaShira Champion-King, Walbridge
- Membership Leader - Bradley Hanpeter
- Outreach Leader - Samir Emdanat, Ghafari Associates & vPlanner
- Communication - Justin Wieber, Rossetti
- Education - Ali Lahouti, Barton Malow Holdings
- Member - Karrie Blundell, CVS Health
- Member - Jeff Creighton, Barton Malow Holdings
- Member - George Rundblad, Superior Electric
- Member Emeritus - Tariq Abdelhamid, Michigan State University
- Co-Leader Liaison - Brett Brundirks, Superior Electric
- Co-Leader Liaison - Michael Slocum, Superior Electric
Explore the Field Crew Huddle website to see how community of practice members are contributing to a platform for sharing methods, improvements and lessons learned on project sites or shops. Want to be featured? Now accepting submissions.
Upcoming Local Events
No events found