New York State
LCI Community of Practice
Welcome to the New York State CoP webpage!
Our mission is to support the continuous improvement of project delivery in New York State. Our regional focus includes the Hudson Valley, Central and Western New York. Our CoP serves public and private sector owners involved with key segments of the New York economy: Health Care; Education; Research; and, Advanced Manufacturing.
What We Do
We support our CoP with targeted programs and learning events from Buffalo to Albany. Our “Lean Happy Hours” are dynamic sessions where facility managers, architects, owners, construction managers, developers, program managers, engineers and all project stakeholders exchange best practices and challenge the status quo.
The design, construction and development industry has reached a watershed moment. The confluence of demographic change, technology and a lingering frustration with traditional methods has made likely a disruptive transition in project delivery. We intend to play a guiding role as we move toward a new paradigm.
Join us as we build a CoP open to everyone who cares about how the built environment is achieved. For more information on how to become involved, please contact Sam Spata.
- Leader - Steven Thompson, GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Owner)
- Vice Leader - Sam Spata, Exyte (CM)
- Events Leader - Jen Robbins, Turner (CM)
- Outreach - Joe Hogan, AGC (Professional Association)
- Event Champion - Jason Beach, GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Owner)
- Event Champion - Erik Backus, Clarkson University (Education)
- Event Champion - Andrew Giordano, Pike (CM)
- Event Champion - Joe Gross, Gross Electric (Trade)
- Event Champion - Kyle Price, WWPS (Professional Services)
- Event Champion - John Tobin, EYP (A+E)
- Event Champion - Chris Walton, TFS (Trade)
Explore the Field Crew Huddle website to see how community of practice members are contributing to a platform for sharing methods, improvements and lessons learned on project sites or shops. Want to be featured? Now accepting submissions.