Lean Construction Institute Announces New Collaborative Book from Leading Lean Professionals
(Arlington, Virginia) — Lean Construction Institute (LCI) has published a collection of white papers from the country’s leading Lean Design and Construction professionals, “Transforming Design and Construction: A Framework for Change.”
This publication seeks to further LCI’s mission to transform design and construction through new approaches to project design and delivery. Currently, 70% of construction projects are over budget and delivered late. The industry still sees about 800 deaths and thousands of injuries per year. Lean practices encourage a new way of collaborative thinking between architects, engineers and general contractors to eliminate waste and drive improved results.
William R. Seed, newly-elected Chairman of LCI’s Board of Directors, proposed the idea of bringing the top Lean thinkers together in Dallas, Texas to develop white papers based on the transformative projects and experiences of their Lean practices. Contributors span the breadth of the industry, from owners to designers, builders, specialty contractors, educators and consultants. Those white papers were bound into a must-read book for the design and construction industries, intended to encourage discussion, learning and experimentation on the Lean journey.
- Bernita Beikmann, Director of Lean Strategy, HKS, Inc.
- Chauncey Bell, construction industry veteran and Lean consultant
- Digby Christian, Senior Regional Program Manager, Sutter Health
- Samir Emdanat, Director of Ghafari Management Services
- Charles Hill, Senior Principal and Co-Owner, Stengel Hill Architecture
- Kristin Hill, Lean Consultant, InsideOut Consulting, Inc.
- Jessica Kelley, Director of Learning and Development, Southland Industries
- Douglas Lee, Vice-President and Regional Preconstruction Director, Brasfield & Gorrie
- Jeffrey Loeb, Project Coach and Internal Lean Consultant, CH2M HILL’s Industrial and Advanced Technology Group
- Romano Nickerson, Healthcare Architect and Principal, Boulder Associates Architects
- Brent Nikolin, Director of Continuous Improvement, Turner Construction
- Lisa Reynolds, Strategic Program Manager of Corporate Services Construction, Intel Corp.
- Zofia K. Rybkowski, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Dept. of Construction Science, Texas A&M University
- William R. Seed, Project Integration Executive, Walt Disney Imagineering and Chair, Lean Construction Institute Board of Directors
- Rebecca Snelling, National Director of Lean, JE Dunn Construction
- Cynthia C.Y. Tsao, Director of Lean Strategy, Consigli Construction Co., Inc.