Beneath the Brave Resources
Supporting Employee Mental Health: Building a Culture of Compassion and Communication
Erin Callinan, MSWConsultant, Speaker, Author
Founder of Beneath The Brave
- Tim’s Story: Mental Health at Work
- Men’s Mental Health in Construction | Toolbox Talk with Terry Gregory
- Brene Brown on Empathy
- Having a Conversation: Discussing Mental Health in the Workplace — Sarah’s Story
Important Training Links
- The 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline offers 24/7 call, text and chat access to trained crisis
counselors who can help people experiencing suicidal, substance use, and/or mental health crisis, or any other kind of emotional distress. Call/text 988 or visit https://988lifeline.org/
- View 988 social media graphics, factsheets, and order posters, flyers, and stickers using the SAMHSA Partner Toolkit.
- Taking an online mental health screening is one of the quickest and easiest ways todetermine whether you are experiencing symptoms of a mental health condition.
- For more information about what to say, how to help, and available resources, visit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
- Job Accommodation Network provides free, confidential technical assistance about jobaccommodations and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Call 800-526-7234 or click here.
- Learn about taking a Mental Health First Aid course.