Lean Construction Institute (LCI) is a non-profit organization, founded in 1997. The Institute operates as a catalyst to transform the industry through Lean project delivery using an operating system centered on a common language, fundamental principles, and basic practices.
Transform the Design and Construction Industry supply chain to provide value and enable other industries through Lean and integrated approaches.
Increase owner and construction supply chain satisfaction with design and construction delivery.
- Deliver Standard Building Blocks for Lean and Integrated Delivery
- Create Construction Industry Demand & Capacity for Lean & Integrated Approaches
- Achieve Customer Value while Eliminating Waste throughout Project Life Cycle
- Achieve Supply Chain Partner Value while Eliminating Waste throughout Project Life Cycle
- Create a Vibrant Learning Environment across the Country to share Best Practices
Dan Fauchier will discuss how a dozen or more project teams (design and construction, current and past) have implemented Last Planner® System (LPS), the triumphs and stumbles, the pitfalls and challenges, on a variety of project types (schools, hospitals, prisons, commercial, residential). He will share case histories, show photos, demonstrate his energetic 15 minute kickoff explanation of LPS (it will give you some ideas on tightly coupling learning with action), give tips on facilitating LPS sessions, and take lots of questions. This session will be very interactive.
James Pease will present his experience with Lean Integrated Project Delivery over the last six years at Sutter Health. The presentation will focus on several projects delivered with Integrated Forms of Agreement ranging in size from $3M to $160M.