Closing the Gap: Installing Lines of Communication (Chicago CoP)
From ambiguous drawings to unconfirmed field changes, most building projects give its stakeholders ample opportunities to point fingers and lose sight of the end goal. This program will remind designers, contractors, owners, and the field teams why we come together, where gaps exist, and how these gaps affect the bottom line and make our lives miserable. Share your stories, suggestions, and lessons learned with the goal of improving processes for everyone involved.
- Emerson Dority, Superintendent - Gilbane
- Tim Tropp, Electrician Foreman - Jamerson and Bauwens Electric
- Cesar Berrones, Vice President of Operations - EOS Mechanical
- Irene Garcia, Project Manager - Jamerson and Bauwens Electric
- Stephanie Stachura, Electrician Journeywoman - IBEW Local 134
- Adam Whitt, Associate Principal - BuroHappold
- Mary Brush, Principal - Brush Architects
- Amy Furguson, Job Captain - The Architect's Partnership, LTD
- Andrew Shaw, Electrical Engineer - IMEG
Mandatory Casual Attire - Wear jeans and your company T-shirt or favorite team’s gear (hat, jersey, etc.) to foster a sense of community.
Event Goal – For tradespeople and designers to come together with a willingness to think differently about our processes and to leave with a greater appreciation for each other’s value.