Congress Track Deep Dive: Gear Up Your Field Execution to Maximize Efficiency: Utilizing Lean Thinking and Practices to Achieve Desired Outcomes
Get set to advance your Lean practice at the 25th LCI Congress! Our carefully curated program is filled with actionable takeaways for every level of Lean and each member of our design and construction industry.
Dive into our latest track feature—and we look forward to seeing you this fall!
Gear Up Your Field Execution to Maximize Efficiency: Utilizing Lean Thinking and Practices to Achieve Desired Outcomes
In our fourth featured track’s sessions, you’ll focus on how Lean practices are improving efficiency, productivity, and safety on the jobsite, with specific content for Lean trade partners.
Key Track Takeaways
Topics covered in sessions and Live Labs include:
- How a Lean program can develop the next generation of field leaders.
- Innovative practices that can optimize production, decrease waste, and promote safe practices.
- How all stakeholders (the design community, general contractors, owners, trade partners, and consultants) can influence Lean practices in the field to deliver better results.
- How to get multiple trade partners to row in the same direction and at the same pace.
- How to support a learning mindset in the field.
- How to leverage some or all aspects of the Last Planner System®: Milestones, Constraints, PPC, Variance, Making Work Ready, and more.
- How a Lean mindset and creating a culture of respect for people are increasing team morale and improving workflow.
- Tools and processes that add value and drive improvements—Last Planner System®, Takt Time, 5S, Daily Huddles, Gemba Walks, A3 Thinking, Just In Time Delivery, Problem Solving, Visual Controls, and more.
Learn more about this track’s sessions and view the full program in our interactive agenda.
Explore sessions for the Manufacturing Ecosystem.
- Construction Project Execution — Takt Planning for Large Pharmaceutical Construction
- Delivering a Complex Bio-Pharma Facility in California as Fast as Possible
Immerse yourself in this track’s valuable sessions.
- How to Accelerate your Project through the Use of Takt
- How We Used Takt Planning to Save Three Months and Lower Stress
- LCI Certification: What You Need to Know
- Lean to the Checkered Flag, with Trades Leading the Pack
- Lessons Learned from Portfolio-wide Implementation of LPS® in Electrical Transmission
- Single Motion Exchange of Trade (SMET) + Takt Production Matrix = Balanced Production
- Value-Added Data Analysis Method — Identifying Non-Value-Added Waste — Walls and Frames
- Visual Management — Installing the Supercharger for Your Planning Team
- The Power of 360 Digital Workflow: Supercharging Design and Construction Coordination
Take part in Live Labs for hands-on learning.
- Live Lab 3 – Identifying Waste
- Live Lab 5 – Lean Workflow
- Live Lab 9 – Lean Tools (Safety and Visual Management)
Stay tuned for deep dives into the rest of the 2023 Congress Tracks—and register today!
Catch up on past 2023 Congress Track Deep Dives and all the Congress blog posts:
- Design Your Vehicle to Improve the Journey: Modifying Culture and Behavior for Success
- Engineer Your Vehicle with the End in Mind: Optimizing Design and Preconstruction to Deliver Customer Value
- Refine Your Production Systems to Drive Assembly: Aligning Pre-Fabrication and Procurement to Enhance Productivity