LCI Congress Track Preview: Turn Up the Heat—with Field Execution & Safety
Field execution and safety go hand in hand to ensure that our crews go home every day unharmed. That’s why this Congress track is such a valuable opportunity for attendees. Whether you are working on a small renovation or a large-scale new build, making sure the site is safe for everyone involved should be your top priority. In this track, sessions will address how to create and enforce a safe work environment and how you can stay up to date on Lean best practices to add value to field execution and keep project team members safe.
Sessions will share stories about how Lean practices are improving efficiency, productivity, and safety on the jobsite. Attendees can look forward to hearing from some of the top professionals in the field about how to maintain safe and efficient operations. Attendees will gain insights from case studies and real-world examples from Lean experts in the field.
Presentations will cover:
- How a Lean program can develop the next generation of field leaders
- What innovative practices can optimize production, decrease waste, and promote safe practices
- How all stakeholders (the design community, general contractors, owners, trade partners, and consultants) can influence Lean practices in the field to deliver better results
- How to get multiple trade partners to row in the same direction and at the same pace
- How to support a learning mindset in the field
- How to leverage some or all aspects of Last Planner System®: Milestones, Constraints, PPC, Variance, Making Work Ready, etc.
- How to leverage Lean principles and tactics (5S, 8 wastes, Just in Time Delivery, Visual Management, Gemba Walks, A3 thinking, problem solving, etc.) to add value to field execution
Check out the available presentations that fall under this track (please refer to our Interactive Agenda for details):
- The Lean Mean Safety Machine (Wed., 10:45 a.m.)
- Live Lab 1 – Last Planner System® (Wed., 10:45 a.m.)
- How a Trade Partner Uses Last Planner System® in the Field
- Using Last Planner System® to Improve Communication
- Handbook for Trade Adoption: Research and Resources for Continuous Improvement (Wed., 11:45 a.m.)
- Live Lab 2 Waste Walks and Safety Culture Change (Wed., 11:45 a.m.)
- Daily Observations aka “Waste Walks”
- Kaizen: Demystifying the Voodoo of Safety Culture Change
- 5S Manager: Countermeasure to Chaos (Wed., 1:30 p.m.)
- Trade Partner Prefabrication – Breaking the Mold (Wed., 2:30 p.m.)
- A GC’s Inventory Management Journey: Missteps and Learnings (Thurs., 7:45 a.m.)
- Elevating Results @ Tulane through Implementation of Advanced Lean Processes (Thurs., 10:45 a.m.)
Field Execution & Safety is one of the most important tracks at this year’s Congress. The sessions will provide you with best practices for promoting safe practices in the field. Make sure to check out this track when selecting your sessions, so you can walk away with actionable steps that will improve efficiency, productivity, and safety on your jobsite.
Join us at this year’s Congress in New Orleans! Register today!